Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Ironmail Encryption option (ESG) and Iromail 6.7.2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
High level security related questions and answers
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Ironmail Encryption option (ESG) and Iromail 6.7.2
Ironmail Encryption option (ESG) and Iromail 6.7.2 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
We do a lot of work with in the Email Anti Spam / Anti Virus / Anti Malware environments. (Network Security)
One of the really cool things that is just about to be released in version 6.7.2 of Ironmail ESG is the ability to run
an Encrypted Email Service on the Ironmail ESG server. The Beta version is available now, the production copy is due on 12/04/09.

Prior to this release, you had to have a separate Ironmail Encryption appliance that would provide this service. Now it's simply an add on feature
to a standard Ironmail Email Gateway (ESG, McAfee's new name for it, formally Cipher Trust).
The hardware that is running this service needs to be a Generation 4 appliance to handle the workload, but it really helps
simplify an email network topology.

Previously, you also had to decide if you wanted a Push or a Pull method of encrypted mail delivery. Now it can be a hybrid
approach. A rule can be set to say if a message is greater than 5Mb, then make it a pull, else push the message.

I was talking to one of our customers who was doing an evaluation of the software, and his comments were
that what he liked about it was: "It's so simple to use, anyone that can read a message can understand how to use this!"

If you need the ability to have messages delivered to normal accounts, where TLS/SSL may not be an option, this software does
a really nice job of that. The more I work with it, the more I'm impressed by it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: halls
get the latest posts directly to your desktop